Monday, December 31, 2012

The gift that keeps on giving.




Only six days have passed since Xmas and I've already baked two types of cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (VCTOTW). Today, I made the simple chocolate chip cupcake with a slight  adjustment. I wasn't going to leave my house for supplies so I replaced the rice milk with water instead. The batter seemed rather runny and I decided to add a tablespoon of corn starch and threw in extra spelt flour. This perhaps made the cake a bit bland although my two testers did not agree. Next time, the cake will have more vanilla added and cinnamon. How could I have forgotten the cinnamon? Sheesh. 

I added chocolate chips to the batter and added peppermint extract to the chocolate frosting. The book had whacky ingredients (that I have yet to purchase) for all of the frosting recipes so I looked on the internet and found a simple chocolate-mint frosting and whipped up a batch. Click here to see recipe! 

My first VCTOTW recipe attempt was the pumpkin chocolate chip cupcake with cinnamon frosting and it was to die for! I again replaced all rice milk for water and the results were great! 

My ceramicist pal, C Burd was over eating a fresh pot of potato soup (click for my post with recipe)  and for dessert, we had the cupcakes! He delivered newly fired pots my summer kids and I threw over the summer and boy do they look sharp! 


This is one of Burd's pots that I purchased at his holiday sale.


Here's to the new year and to the pursuit of a life filled with compassion, love and excitement! Blessings to all! 

Autumn in gardenTHERESA 

P.S. Day two has proven to me that the triple chocolate-mint cupcakes are fantastic! Light, fluffy and with just a hint of mint. Yes to success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment